Monday, May 10, 2010

A small tribute to a great friend...

Sometimes genius strikes and you can take all the credit (like riding a fixed gear bike in a half Ironman triathlon, or feasting upon hot! biryani for lunch with a time trial slated for later that evening...).  Other times it's blatantly obvious that inspiration was bestowed upon you by a greater power - something not of this world.  Something... from beyond. 

I've been riding the new bike unladen - just getting used to it, dialing in the fit and testing out certain componentry decisions.  It's going back in on Wed for some swapping of stuff, which is handy because I'll be out on Thursday night and then have to fly Friday morning - so I won't really miss riding it.  Today I thought that I really ought to break in the rack.  But how?  I guess I could fill some waterbags and put on the panniers...  But that's not really any fun.  What to do?  WWSD?  (that's What Would Simon Do?)  Just then, inspiration struck.



Only a small load for the first time out...



As a matter of fact, that box was empty for most of my ride.  But on my way home, I stopped and picked up some very special cargo.



This one's for you, Simon.






I wasn't sure that I had my 4:1 carb:protein ratio dialed, so I figured I'd best hedge my bets with a little Stumpkin...

No comments:

Post a Comment