Monday, June 21, 2010

Day 3 mini - update

He's alive!!!!!

Bit of a rough start to the morning, and the rain was coming down in sheets.  If they had internet access in Manning Park I just might have stayed another day.  As it was, I rolled out @ 11:24.

No legs, but not deathmarching either.  I'll take it.  There's some climbing between Manning and Princeton (where I currently sit in Quiznos, pirating internet access from one of the local motels) but I made my way up them without too much trouble.  Not feeling great, but nothing like yesterday.  Crossing the threshold into the Similkameen Valley and it was like magic - bright blue skies, white puffy clouds, and SUN!  A headwind, too.  But SUN!  That improved my mood greatly.

Stats this far:

Total Elapsed Time: 3:40
Total Ride Time: 2:58
Mileage: 68.2km
Avg Speed: 22.9kph
Max Speed: 73.1 (at this point I sat up and feathered the brakes because the road was still a little wet and I'm a total chicken descender)

On to Hedley, possibly Keremeos tonight.  We'll see how things roll.

3 comments:

  1. Sun is amazing for the mood. I'm loving your updates, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work, Khai. Don;t you dare turn that damn thing off, you don't want the bill if I send the RAF to find you (I have no contacts in the RCAF)!
    Glad to hear you saw Andrea, when you mentioned the ride to Banff I thought must tell him that's her ride). Sounds just like her to cheer someone up and give you a lift, was she singing as she went ahead?
    I am sending another aquaintance to say Hi to you. A customer called Alex Butskiy is leaving here on Saturday, he's going the ultra light way on a black Gary Fisher Presidio cross bike with jsut rear panniers. He's a tall Polish dude so you won't miss vhim as he comes back as I gave him a description of you and your bike.

    Thanks for the text.Glad to hear you are moving onward through the Rockies. Stay with it bro.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see you made it to Keremeos last night - awesome! Hope it stays sunny for you.

    ReplyDelete