Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Falling into place...

Just checked off another box in the pre-ride prep.  I've had my eye on laser vision correction for - oh, maybe 15 years now...  I just never prioritized it enough to cough up the money.  Riding in glasses kind of sucks however, and the idea of contact lenses while camping (and less than ideal cleanliness of hands) sketches me out.  Time to pony up some bucks and get my eyes done. 

I visited 3 different shops for an initial consultation and opted for the one that I felt the most comfortable with (and also with the doc who's done more procedures than anyone in the area, as far as I can tell - Dr King has done over 50,000 procedures).  Clearly Lasik in Metrotown.  I went in for the procedure yesterday afternoon, slept the rest of the day/night, and woke up able to see.  My vision isn't "perfect" just yet, as the eyes are still healing and I've got a lot of junk (various drops) in there.  Hard edges and lines aren't sharp, and sometimes it takes a second to focus - but I'm told that this is all perfectly normal and that things will stabilize within the week.  I went in for a follow up visit today and was tested at 20/15.  This means that I can see at 20' what "people with normal vision" can see at 15'.  I have to say, I'm pretty pleased. 

Now if I could just stop trying to take off my glasses before I put in my drops...

No comments:

Post a Comment